PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Journal of English Teaching and Linguistics uses a double-blind review policy, in which the identity of both authors(s)' and the reviewer(s)' is kept hidden until the submitted article is published.
The research article submitted to this online journal will be blind peer-reviewed by at least 2 (two) reviewers. The accepted research articles will be available online following the journal peer-reviewing process. The language used in this journal is English.
Peer review is designed to assess the validity, quality, and often the originality of articles for publication. Its ultimate purpose is to maintain the integrity of science by filtering out invalid or weak-quality articles.
From a publisher's perspective, peer review functions as a filter for content, directing better quality articles to better quality journals and so creating journal brands.
Running articles through the process of peer review adds value to them. For this reason, publishers need to make sure that peer review is robust.
"Pointing out the specifics about flaws in the paper's structure is paramount. Are methods valid, is data presented, and are conclusions supported by data? (Editor feedback)
If an editor can read your comments and understand clearly the basis for your recommendation, then you have written a helpful review. (Editor feedback)
Blind Peer Review at Its Best
What peer review does best is to improve the quality of published papers by motivating authors to submit good quality work and helping to improve that work through the peer-review process.
Each submitted article is evaluated on the following basis:
- The originality of its contribution to the field of scholarly publishing;
- The soundness of its theory and methodology gave the topic;
- The coherence of its analysis;
- Its ability to communicate to readers (grammar and style); and
- The writing format matched with the journal's submission guide. The normal turn-around time for screening and evaluation of manuscripts is 2 to 4 months from the date of submission. Assuming, the incoming paper is accepted by the editor will be forwarded to the section editor according to the field of approximately one day. Then the Section editor will analyze for 10 days. The section editor will send it to 2 reviewers with an estimated one month. The results obtained will be notified to the author one day after summarizing the reviewer's decision.